Friday, February 6, 2009

I love paper! Most of my friends and family know that I love any kind of paper - I love taking something so ordinary and making something different out of it. A friend and coworker of mine is getting married later this month, and I offered to help in any way I could. This included making the wedding invitations for them (you'll see them later) and invitations for the wedding shower - because the Maid of Honor is a friend as well.

The shower invitations are 5x5 square silver cardstock with flowers cut from linen bookbinding tape and an overlay of vellum with the party details printed on it.

This is my very messy workspace. It's about a 2' x 1' space and I'm constantly relocating projects to another flat surface so I can work on something else.

A picture (below) of the flowers - applied to the cardstock and with their crystal centers already attached. The large flower has three heart crystals and the smaller flower has three small, round crystals.
This is the finished card. I used a strip of the same linen across the top to hold the vellum in place.


I think they turned out well. It was fun to figure it all out.















No comments:

Post a Comment