Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Grocery shopping

Last night after work, the man and I went to H-Mart, a Korean market near our house. They have so many interesting foods. We love to try new things, and often see foods in restaurants or on TV and then try to create them ourselves. Sometimes we're lucky, and sometimes we're not. Anyway, while we were at H-Mart last night, I decided to snap some pictures. I could only upload a few, so I'll probably post more of other departments another time.
This is just some of the different squash they have.

An Indian bitter melon anyone? We've never tried it, but I'm sure we will at some point. When I see things that I don't know what to do with, I either make a note of it, or take a picture of it with my phone and do some research to find out what we can do with it.
This furry squash is actually furry!
In their meat section, you can buy lots of different types of meat, already marinated.
and there are many different sides and spices to go with them, as well as different types of kimchi.
We go every couple weeks and stock up on fruits and vegetables. They also have good deals on fish and meat, but I don't know how to load more pictures yet, so those pictures will have to come later.
Amy




No comments:

Post a Comment